Tejnaksh Healthcare is into Urology and healthcare training since 2009. As we trained urologists at our institute we realised that there is a dearth of basic technique learning facilities for the doctors and healthcare professionals. The simulation technology available in the west is financially beyond our reach. Hence we decided to setup our own simulation programs. I have always believed that making a wholesome simulator would be a herculian task, and hence to bring simulation within our reach, we need to break down a surgery into various steps, and develop a simulator for each surgical step. Thus we need to build microsimulators for basic skill training and then integrate these into a complete simulation program. Today we have our own patented 5 simulator prototypes and 13 stations. These are being used at the Tejnaksh simulation lab. We look forward to add another 5 protyped ideas by the end of 2017.
Today we look forward to increase the gyrus of our simulation programs and simulators and take India to a new level in healthcare simulation.
Tejnaksh’s PCNL Simulation Program
For Online Registration – Click the Link
Aims: Tejnaksh innovations lab conducts regular simulation programs at the Institute of Urology Dhule. The simulation session are a one full day of didactic lectures with simulation and live operation demonstration.
The program highlights and helps the PCNL learner :
- Learn percutaneous renal access in a logical way
- Get oriented to the 3D approach to the retroperitoneum
- Course material
- One day crash course- Don’t loose your productive time at work
- Improve depth perception required for the surgery of PCNL
- Develop mental 3D tracking capability
- Train to identify the posterior calyx easily
- Teach the correct way to handle the instruments
- Learn the physical principles and detailed approach for the Bull’s eye and Triangulation techniques
- Give the trainee the opportunity to practice these techniques with out getting exposed to radiation
- Learn mistakes and rectify them
- Assess himself and much more…
The following simulators are to be experienced at the Tejnaksh Simulation Labs
1. TEJNAKSH’S FLUOROSCOPY FREE PCNL SIMULATOR
Learn the position of the pelvicalyceal system in the retroperitoneum
Learn how to identify the posterior calyx
Familiarize with the initial puncture needle and the C-arm
Learn the popular techniques of percutaneous renal access
Learn your basic mistakes and correct them in a relaxed non operation theater environment
Practice to perfection without radiation !!!
2.TEJNAKSH’S FLUOROSCOPY GUIDED PCNL SIMULATOR
Go to the actual operating theater and use the actual PCNL surgical instruments and the C-arm on a mannequin.
Use the lowest possible setting on the C-arm – decreasing radiation hazards
Experience the actual haptics and tactile sensations of the initial puncture
Practice the percutaneous renal access techniques
The teacher will not take over the case if you go wrong !!! But would help you master the techniques…
3. TEJNAKSH’S ULTRASOUND GUIDED PCNL SIMULATOR
Learn to handle the ultrasound machine, get oriented to ultra sonographic techniques
Learn identification of the posterior calyx
Learn handling the initial puncture needle and the biopsy gun
Learn how to puncture the calyx using ultrasound guidance
Actually puncture a calyx of the mannequin and aspirate water
Practice on the artificial kidney models developed by Tejnaksh
4. TEJNAKSH’S PCNL TRACT DILATATION BENCH
Learn the technique of initial tract dilatation under minimal radiation
The Tejnaksh model allows repeated tract dilatation without part changes.
5. TEJNAKSH’S PCNL STONE MANIPULATION BENCH
Use the stone manipulation mannequin to break and extract stones using the percutaneous techniques
Manipulate guide wires, Dj stents and nephrostomies in place
VISIT THE TEJNAKSH SIMULATION LAB
THE ONE AND ONLY COMPLETELY INDIGENOUS SIMULATION LAB
AND GET TO UNDERSTAND PCNL BETTER !!!